ATTORNEY AT LAW
Nicholas George was born on July 11, 1952. He is the proud father of two sons, Nick and Jimmy. He is a resident of Walla Walla Washington. His interests include travel, history, archaeology, sports, and winning DUI cases.
Nicholas is a subject of a biographical interest in Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America, and many other periodicals and journals. He has received a rating of high legal ability and the highest ethical standing by Martindale-Hubbell, a nationally recognized evaluation institution for the legal profession.
Nicholas received a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Whitman College in 1974. He graduated Cum Laude with Distinction in Major Course Study. In 1979, Nicholas earned his M.B.A. from the University of Chicago. In 1989, Nicholas received his law degree from the University of Puget Sound School of Law.
Since 1991, Nicholas has focused on Washington DUI Law and Washington DUI Defense, Washington Criminal Law and Defense, and Washington Traffic Law and Defense. His practice is statewide. He is a member in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for Eastern and Western Washington, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Mr. George has been a private panel attorney for the public defender in several counties and handles DUI arrests throughout Washington State. He has argued Washington criminal and Washington DUI law before Divisions I and II of the Washington State Court of Appeals. As a law student, Mr. George was a judicial extern for Washington State Court of Appeals Division I in Kirkland Washington. He has also been the Chair of the Criminal Law Committee for the Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association.
Nicholas is a longtime member of multiple Intrastate legal associations. He has won several Washington DUI and Criminal Defense trials by using law enforcement videos to his client's advantage and frequently confers with other DUI attorneys to create new dui tactics. His philosophy of Washington DUI defense is knowing as much as possible about Washington DUI laws and knowing what counts in beating a Washington DUI charge.
National College for DUI Defense. Forensic Toxicology training. All Washington seminars relating to DUI and Traffic law. Selective national seminars relating to the same.
The Quality of Experience
Nicholas George Attorney and Counselor at Law, P.S., Inc., is an established professional services corporation whose principal has extensive courtroom, trial and appellate experience in felonies and misdemeanors throughout the State of Washington. The firm's principal, Nick George, is a former corporate financial and marketing manager whose legal philosophy focuses upon justice, pragmatism, ethics, and positive results. Mr. George weighs the costs and benefits of every legal decision in a manner which does not compromise the interests of his clients.
The Attorney-Client Relationship
In his firm, the client's needs receive top priority. Clients are afforded respect and consideration throughout all phases of legal representation. The firm's philosophy of legal realism precludes giving clients undue expectations or promising improbable results. Clients are crucial in their cases because, for all practical purposes, they are co-counsels.
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington
- Juris Doctor - 1989
- University of Chicago Graduate School of Business, Chicago, Illinois
- Master of Business Administration - 1979
- Major: Marketing and Corporate Financial Planning
- Whitman College, Walla Walla, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts - 1974
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Elected by Faculty to Board of Tutors for History and Political Science
- Major: Political Science
- Washington State Court of Appeals Division I in Seattle, Judicial Extern
- Department of Assigned Counsel - Pierce County, Legal intern
- Appellate advocacy judge for Seattle University School of Law
- Pro-tempore judge in municipal and district court
- Public Defender panelist for several Eastern Washington Counties
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National College of DUI Defense
- Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington Defender Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- Walla Walla County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Drunk Driving
- Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Who's Who in the West
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who of Emerging Leaders of America
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in the World
- Who's Who in Finance and Industry
- AVVO Rating: 10.0 - Superb
- Rated 'Top 100' Criminal Trial Lawyer by National Trial Lawyers
- Lead Counsel Rated for Criminal Law and Drunk Driving Defense
- Recognized as a 'Top 100' DUI Attorney for Washington by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC
- American Registry of Outstanding Professionals
- Martindale Hubbell (high ability and highest legal ethics; rated 'Superb Lawyer' 10 out of 10)
- Who's Who in American Politics
- Swarthmore's Who's Who: Legal Leaders and Achiever
- American Society of Legal Advocates: Member of the Top 100 Criminal Defense and DUI Lawyers in Washington State